The knee joint has a huge role in movement. Which makes any injury to it cause great difficulty in movement. And here all available solutions for treatment are sought.
Some people need total or partial knee replacement depending on the condition and pain or poor range of motion.
Table of Contents
- Knee replacement in Turkey
- Pre-knee replacement surgery preparations in Turkey
- During knee replacement surgery in Turkey
- Knee replacement success rate in Turkey
- Medicsey Knee Replacement Center - Your Best Choice
- knee replacement surgery cost in Turkey
Knee replacement in Turkey
Knee replacement surgery in Turkey is one of the successful operations to improve the quality of life, improve knee function and relieve pain.
During knee replacement surgery in Turkey, some metal and plastic pieces are used to cover the end of the bone that forms the knee joint. replacing damaged parts or cartilage of the knee joint. In general. 95% of knee replacement lasts for 15 years, depending on age and activity level. Surgery is resorted to after other treatment options have failed.
Reasons for knee replacement in Turkey
There are several reasons for knee replacement in Turkey, most notably:
Osteoporosis and knee roughness
As the roughness of the knee affects the meniscus and therefore becomes unable to absorb shocks.
Severe pain in the knee
Pain is one of the most common symptoms in people with wear in the knee joint and is often in the knee itself. The patient can feel pain behind the patella, the inner or outer side.
Stiffness and stiffness in the joint
Stiffness occurs first during the night and morning periods and then gradually increases. causing the patient difficulty in practicing his various daily activities.
When the wear of the knee becomes in advanced stages, the patient will have difficulty walking and pain in the lower limb completely. the patient will need aids over time, such as crutches.
Other reasons for knee replacement in Turkey
There are other reasons for knee joint replacement in Turkey, such as:
- Curvature of the knee and previous injuries lead to wear and tear in the knee joint.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
Complications of knee replacement
- Wound infection, reaching the inner tissue and bone.
- Bleeding in the knee joint.
- Injury to a ligament or nerve during surgery.
- A thrombus forms in one of the legs.
- Bone fracture around the artificial joint.
- Numbness of the wound site.
- Wrong positioning of the patella.
- Allergic reaction caused by the material used in the manufacture of the replacement joint.
Types of knee replacement surgery in Turkey
Here are the basic types of knee replacement surgery in Turkey:
- Total knee replacement: The orthopedic doctor removes the cartilage and damaged bones in the leg and thigh bones. and replaces them with a device made of metal and plastic.
- Partial knee replacement: involves replacement of the damaged part of the knee This surgery is suitable for patients with damage to one side of the knee only.
Patellar replacement: This surgery involves replacing the lower part of the patella. It is the least common type of surgery.
Pre-knee replacement surgery preparations in Turkey
- Before knee replacement surgery, the patient is sent for examinations as needed, according to the patient's age and the diseases he suffers from. Such as blood tests, which include: blood clotting, comprehensive blood count, blood chemistry, urine test, and kidney. and liver function. In addition, chest X-rays and ECG examinations are performed for the elderly.
- The doctor sends the patient for an X-ray examination, but often a CT scan of the knee is performed.
- Knee replacement surgery is performed in Turkey under general or local anesthesia.
- You must tell the doctor about the medications. that the patient should stop taking in the days before the procedure and fast for 8 hours before the operation.
During knee replacement surgery in Turkey
- After sterilizing the area and anesthesia completely, an incision of 8-12 cm is made in the front of the knee.
- The orthopedic surgeon removes excess cartilage and bone tissue that presses on the knee joint.
- The artificial joint is glued using a suitable adhesive to the femur and leg.
- Install the artificial joint in the knee muscles and ligaments supporting the joint. and obtain movement in the joint similar to the normal position.
Knee replacement success rate in Turkey
The patient may feel afraid when the doctor advises him to perform knee replacement surgery as a final solution to pain,. because it is a surgery, but there is no need to be afraid as knee replacement surgery in Turkey has witnessed a great development in the past years. as the success rate of knee replacement surgery in Turkey reached 95%.
But achieving high recovery rates, of course depends on the patient's choice of a highly experienced orthopedic surgeon, equipped with the latest technology. So you should be careful in looking for the medical center where the procedure is performed
Medicsey Knee Replacement Center - Your Best Choice
We, in turn, help the patient in all ways to get rid of pain. and Medicsey Center is characterized by the presence of devices and tools used globally in the process of changing the knee joint. so that we can carry out the procedure with the least possibility of exposure to any complications and with the least degree of feeling pain.
Not only that, we have a trained medical team that is constantly following the latest technologies used in the treatment of various knee injuries. which makes Medicsey Center able to achieve the highest success rate for knee replacement surgery.
knee replacement surgery cost in Turkey
There are many factors in knee replacement surgery in Turkey:
- Type of implants.
- Type of surgery.
- Techniques used during surgery.
- Experience of the surgeon.
The average knee replacement surgery cost in Turkey is approximately $6,000. The cost of partial knee replacement is $ 4000.
Thus, we have learned about knee replacement in Turkey, how it is done. and what is the success rate of joint replacement surgery in Turkey. if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Medicsey Center now. and you will find the medical team of Medicsey Center ready to help you at all times. Contact Us Now.