Lens replacement surgery in Turkey is one of the eye surgeries that aim to correct vision and treat visual problems, and one of the most important features of it is that it is suitable for all ages, especially young people, who are not suitable for Lasik or Femto-LASIK because the cornea is not fully grown, and one of the most famous types of contact lenses and the most widespread in the world are the lenses that are replaced inside the eyeball to be an alternative to traditional lenses and eyeglasses.
Does the type of lens replacement surgery in Turkey differ from one case to another?
The lens replacement surgery in Turkey can be divided into two parts as follows:
Lens replacement surgery turkey under the age of forty
The lens replacement surgery in Turkey in Medicsey at this age aims to maintain close distances because the lens is added to the eye tissue while preserving the natural lens that is placed above or behind the iris in front of the eye lens, and it can be removed easily in the event of a problem in the future.
Lens replacement surgery turkey over the age of forty and for patients with cataracts
After this age, another vision problem may appear, which is the aging of the lens of the eye, which requires the use of reading glasses, and it also needs to correct near and far vision with the problem of the opacity of the lens of the eye known as cataract disease, which needs to replace the natural lens of the eye and put an artificial lens, in this case, shows different types of lenses, namely:
This lens allows for distant vision with the use of eyeglasses and does not correct astigmatism or close vision
Toric lenses to correct astigmatism
- It corrects astigmatism
- These lenses allow near, far, and middle vision
Multifocal toric lenses
- It repairs near, far, and middle vision and astigmatism.
- Required examinations before lens replacement surgery in Turkey to correct vision
- Work on planning the surface of the cornea to make sure that there is no keratoconus
- Check the lens size to make sure to have the lens size
- Work on measuring intraocular pressure
- Fundus examination
- Working on eye measurements
- Important tips after lens implantation to correct vision
- It is necessary to always put the eye drops for a period of time
- Not rubbing the eyes for a week
Does lens replacement surgery in Turkey hurt?
It is rare that there is a pain when implanting the lenses, or severe bleeding or infection occurs after surgery, but in some cases, it may lead to complete loss of vision and the occurrence of infections or a temporary rise in intraocular pressure, and in other cases there is a movement of the lens that was implanted from its place, causing a separation for the retina.
The implantation of intraocular lenses is a simple and painless procedure that takes place in several minutes under the influence of a local anesthetic in the form of a drop placed inside the eye.
Candidates for lens replacement surgery in Turkey in Medicsey
In general, patients who for some reason are not suitable for LASIK surgery are suitable for lens replacement surgery in Turkey. For example, lens implants are an option for patients with problems such as severe myopia, dry eyes, or thinning of the cornea, for which LASIK surgery is not appropriate. Furthermore, ophthalmologists recommend a lens replacement surgery in Turkey if:
- The age ranges between 21 and 45, and myopia is moderate to severe.
- There are no medical problems with the eyes.
- The patient did not have previous eye surgery.
- The degree of deficiency or deviation of the eyeglasses should be constant for about one year. An eye exam is an important step to determine if the patients are a candidate for lens replacement surgery in Turkey or any other vision-correcting procedures.
Pros and cons of lens replacement surgery in Turkey
This process has many pons including:
- The cornea is not replaced or transplanted with lens replacement surgery in turkey; the optical quality is great especially at the high prescriptions.
- Lens replacement surgery in Turkey does not cause any disturbance in the corneal nerves, so it does not make the eyes dry.
- The lenses that are replaced is soft and flexible, and it is made of pure collagen.
- The patient does not need to disinfect, clean, or remove the lens daily. The lens stays in place and lasts for a lifetime.
- The replaced lens can be removed or changed.
lens replacement surgery in Turkey cons:
- Lens replacement surgery in Turkey is more expensive than other vision correction surgeries.
- It's not suitable for everyone. They are suitable for treating specific conditions and are only recommended for ages between 21 and 45.
- Although the lens stays in place indefinitely, lens implant patients must-attend annual checkups to ensure the condition of the lens.
Preparing for the lens replacement surgery in Turkey
Once the evaluation is completed, the doctor will be able to determine if this procedure is right for the patient. Some guidelines to follow before the procedure, such as:
- Stop wearing contact lenses for three weeks before the lens replacement surgery in Turkey. Patients can wear glasses instead.
- On the day of the surgery the patient should not put makeup on the eyes
- The patient should use eye drops
- The patient must deal with an experienced eye doctor to have the best results.
After lens replacement surgery turkey recovery period
After lens replacement surgery in Turkey, the patient can go home right away but will need to come back for the post-operative checkup the next day.
- During the two days following the procedure, mild pain and itching may be felt in the eye.
- The patient may also have blurred vision. These complications will resolve quickly.
- The doctor will prescribe pain relievers in addition to eye drops to keep the eye moist and prevent infection
- The patient will be able to see immediately after lens replacement surgery in Turkey, but the vision will not be clear
- The patient needs to wait a few months for the eye to heal, and the vision to stabilize
- The doctor will recommend some tips to avoid damage to intraocular lenses, such as:
- Avoid excessive exercises and avoid swimming
- Do not put cosmetics around the eyes
- Avoid sunlight
- Although the patients can return to your work after a couple of days and should see their doctor and he will tell when it is appropriate to return to your daily routine.
Bottom of line, lens replacement surgery in Turkey in Medicsey is needed when a patient has several eye diseases.