Gynecologists play an important role in women's health care, applying care and preventive examinations for all conditions related to the reproductive system. Periodic early gynecological check-ups can help detect and treat diseases.
Table of Contents
- About Prof. Dr. Suna Ozdemir
- What is Obstetrics and Gynecology?
- Common symptoms of gynecological diseases
- How are gynecological diseases diagnosed in Turkey?
- What are the signs and conditions that require an immediate visit to the obstetrician and gynecologist?
About Prof. Dr. Suna Ozdemir
Prof. Dr. Med. Suna Ozdemir was born in 1975 in Kahramanmaraş. She completed her secondary education at Afshin High School and graduated from Cerrahpaşa Medical College in 1999. She completed her specialization in Obstetrics and Gynecology at SSK Bakırköy Hospital for Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2004.
The most important works of Prof. Dr. Suna Ozdemir
- Worked as a specialist doctor at Konya Training and Research Hospital between 2004-2006.
- Assistant Professor at Meram Faculty of Medicine at Selcuk University between 2006-2009.
- Assistant Professor at Selçuklo Faculty of Medicine between 2009-2010.
- In 2012, he was awarded the title of Associate Professor at Bezmialem Vakıf University in the same year, he was awarded the title of Gynecological Oncology Surgeon.
- Between 2012 and 2019, she worked as a clinical supervisor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Medipol University.
- Suna Ozdemir was appointed Professor in 2018.
- She has trained many assistants in these clinics and has many articles and presentations published in local and international journals. In addition, she is the best gynecologist in Istanbul.
What is Obstetrics and Gynecology?
It is the science that is concerned with everything related to the reproductive system of women from diagnosis and treatment and includes the study of diseases of the vagina, uterus, and ovaries.
A woman goes through a lot of hormonal changes during her life, which may cause her some problems, including:
- Menstrual phase.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Reaching menopause.
These changes must be taken into account when examined.
A common mistake in women is that regular check-up and follow-up by the gynecologist occurs only during pregnancy and childbirth. It is necessary to detect and follow up organized by the gynecologist, especially when abnormal symptoms are observed. There are many gynecological diseases that may occur in a woman during her lifetime.
These gynecological diseases need early detection . as early diagnosis by the best gynecologist in Istanbul makes treatment possible and leads to high cure rates.
What are the departments of obstetrics and gynecology?
Obstetrics and Gynecology can be divided into a group of departments as follows:
- Breast diseases.
- Diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders.
- Cancer screenings (blood tests, swab tests, HPV tests).
- Family planning methods (contraceptives).
- Premarital gynecological examination.
Pregnancy and childbirth:
- Preconception consultation and examination.
- Examination of the necessary laboratory tests with monitoring of the mother's health.
- Detection of pregnancy from the fifth week by abdominal ultrasound and careful follow-up of pregnancy and fetal development.
- Fetal malformation examination with ultrasound to detect congenital problems in children.
- Diet during pregnancy.
- High-risk pregnancy follow-up for the mother who has a problem during pregnancy.
- Monitor the fetal heartbeat and follow up on the health of the fetus with the fetal monitor (NST) in the following weeks of pregnancy.
- Determine the appropriate method of contraception after childbirth.
- Identify the causes of infertility.
- Cervical cancer.
- Uterine cancer.
- Breast cancer.
- Screening and diagnosis of ovarian cancer.
Andrology (reproductive health):
- Infertility tests.
- Ovulation follow-up.
- Ovulation problems.
- Obstruction of the fallopian tubes. ,
- Periodic examination of gynecology.
- Bone densitometry examination after 65 years of age.
- Mammography and mammography.
- Hormone replacement therapy when needed.
Gynecological diseases that require operations:
- Infertility operations.
- Urinary tract operations.
- Ectopic pregnancy (ectopic pregnancy).
- Laparoscopic closed hysterectomy, abdominal hysterectomy, and vaginal hysterectomy.
- Oncological operations.
- Uterine adhesions.
- Removal of polyps and fibroids.
- Endometrial ablation.
Common symptoms of gynecological diseases
In some cases, women neglect to have many health problems. As some symptoms require a visit to the the best gynecologist in Turkey and do not neglect those symptoms, the most prominent of which are:
If the woman suffers from irregular menstruation. The best gynecologist in Istanbul should be consulted to find out the reasons for her irregularity because she has many reasons and indications, the most important of which are:
- Hormone imbalance: This may cause many uterine health problems, in addition to a decrease in the chances of conceiving and giving birth. These hormonal disorders are caused by many causes, such as obesity, anxiety, approaching menopause, and others. Therefore, going to the best gynecologist in Istanbul will answer all her inquiries about this problem.
- The presence of a problem in the thyroid gland in women: This problem can be treated by resorting to drug therapy. The condition may need surgery to treat the thyroid defect.
If urination is repeated with pain and burning during urination, pelvic pain, and urine color changes to darken. Here a doctor is consulted because this problem can indicate a urinary tract infection. This problem is more common in women than in men, as a result of the short urethra in women, and therefore facilitates the exploitation of bacteria and their entry into it.
If simple bleeding occurs only once, it may be associated with ovulation and can be an indication of pregnancy, and some women suffer from bleeding after intercourse due to strong penetration with vaginal dryness.
If bleeding recurs, this may be a sign of vaginitis, cervicitis, and other problems. Therefore, the best gynecologist in Istanbul should be consulted to find out the causes and treatment.
In some cases, vaginal bleeding can occur during pregnancy, and this may pose a risk to the fetus, the fetus must be examined and the cause of the bleeding must be identified and treated.
Severe lower abdominal pain
The causes of lower abdominal pain are multiple, usually related to the woman's uterus and reproductive system. These pains can occur as a common symptom of PMS or ovulation, as well as during pregnancy. But sometimes such pains are caused by an infection of the woman's reproductive system or problems with the uterus.
If the pain is severe and persists for a long time, you should go to Best Gynecologist in Turkey the for a uterine and vaginal examination.
Strange smell in the vagina
A woman can distinguish between a natural smell and a peculiar smell in the vagina. When the vagina smells bad and strong, with vaginal discharge and itching, this is an indication of a health problem.
The cause of the strange vaginal odor should be found out by consulting a gynecologist. It may be caused by the proliferation of bacteria and Candida albicans fungi, or infection with a sexually transmitted disease, which must be treated so as not to cause serious complications.
A woman should do a self-examination of the breast to ensure its health and the absence of any health problem that affects it. A woman can experience severe breast pain, which is due to pregnancy or lactation, and hormonal imbalance can cause breast pain.
Women can also notice lumps in the breast, which should not be ignored because they are an indication of a lump in the breast. Which can be treated early by removing this tumor to avoid serious complications.
A woman can notice breast discharge, and there are multiple causes of these discharges. In this case, a woman should visit the best gynecologist in Turkey and conduct the necessary tests.
A woman's hyperhidrosis is associated with many medical conditions, but it is accompanied by symptoms such as hot flashes, feeling tired, irregular menstrual cycle, and vaginal dryness. This indicates a disturbance in estrogen levels, and these symptoms usually occur in the menopause phase in a woman. These symptoms are common and do not cause concern, but it is best to consult a doctor.
Sexual intercourse pain
Some women feel pain during sexual intercourse, and this may be due to their anxiety about intercourse, which causes vaginal contractions and thus pain. But there are other causes, most notably vaginal dryness, which is a health problem that affects women as a result of hormonal disruption. Especially with age and declining estrogen levels.
It is preferable to resort to a gynecologist in case of sexual intercourse pain and vaginal dryness. the best gynecologist in Istanbul offers some treatments that relieve these pains, such as the use of medical lubricants and other treatments.
How are gynecological diseases diagnosed in Turkey?
Gynecological diseases in Turkey are diagnosed by the best gynecologist in Istanbul as follows:
- Manual examination of the doctor.
What are the signs and conditions that require an immediate visit to the obstetrician and gynecologist?
- Severe menstrual pain.
- Decreased libido.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Swelling of the vagina and suffering from its pain.
The specialists in obstetrics and gynecology at Medicsey have extensive experience treating injured women. Medicsey Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinic can perform all diagnoses treating a wide range of gynecological diseases by the best gynecologist in Turkey. It continues its services with its competent medical staff who use the latest technology in everything related to women's health, from gynecological problems in children to the period of childbearing, pregnancy, and postmenopause, the services are provided within the framework of improving women's health throughout life.