Infertility is a common problem that affects the reproductive system in males and women, the couple is described as suffering from infertility if they do not succeed in achieving pregnancy, after a full year of regular intercourse without the use of contraception.
Table of Contents
Infertility in Turkey
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive a year after intercourse. Infertility can be the result of problems with the reproductive system, both men and women.
Infertility is divided into two primary types:
It is known as the inability to conceive. That is, no previous successful pregnancy has been achieved.
Before it occurred, at least one successful pregnancy occurred.
Causes of infertility
Infertility in women in Turkey often occurs for the following reasons:
- Obstruction of the fallopian tubes occurs due to sexually transmitted diseases or complications resulting from abortion.
- Sepsis occurs in women after childbirth.
- Surgeries were performed in the pelvic area.
- Disorders affecting the uterus such as endometriosis, detached uterus or fibroids.
- Disorders affecting the ovaries such as polycystic ovary syndrome and other follicular diseases.
- Disorders affecting the endocrine glands that cause an imbalance in the secretion of reproductive hormones. Such as tumors that affect the pituitary gland.
The causes of female infertility may vary depending on the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases and the age of the groups of individuals studied.
As for male infertility in Turkey, it may result from the following reasons:
- Obstruction of the genital tract causes a defect in the ejaculation of semen, and obstructions are usually caused by genital tract infection.
- Hormonal disorders that lead to hormonal imbalance, such as tumors that affect the pituitary gland or testicles.
- The inability of the testicles to produce animals.
What are the symptoms of infertility?
Here are the main symptoms associated with infertility:
- Irregular menstrual cycle.
- Severe pain and heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Milk coming out of the breast with no pregnancy.
- Excess weight.
- Hirsutism and severe acne.
- Ejaculation problems and erectile dysfunction in men.
- Swelling accompanied by pain in the testicles.
- Men may experience low semen and decreased efficiency in the genitals.
Risk factors for infertility
It is preferable to go for some procedures after six months of pregnancy attempts in some cases as follows:
- The menstrual cycle is irregular.
- Suspicion of pathologies in the uterus.
- Previous surgery of the ovaries or uterus.
- The age of the woman exceeds 35 years.
Diagnosis of infertility in Turkey
A set of tests is required to diagnose infertility and it has been said to start treatment, the couple should see and consult a gynecologist together to diagnose infertility. So. The diagnosis of infertility requires a set of tests, most notably:
- First, a physical examination in men, where the penis and testicles are examined to check for the presence of varicocele. It is examined whether there is gynecomastia in the man.
- Before the examination, the man is asked to stop having sexual intercourse for 3-5 days. After that, a sperm test is performed. According to the results, a person is diagnosed with infertility.
- On the other hand, gynecological screening is usually performed first in women to diagnose infertility. The ovaries and uterus of a woman are examined using ultrasound. Additional examinations and radiography are performed. According to the available results, it is determined if there is a problem in the female reproductive system and a diagnosis of infertility is reached. Then a remedy for infertility is applied.
Prevention of infertility
For men, the following techniques may help:
- Avoid the use of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol that increase the incidence of infertility.
- Avoid high temperatures such as hot tubs and saunas, as this can affect sperm maturation and motility. Note that this effect is temporary.
- Avoid exposure to environmental or industrial toxins, which may affect sperm production.
- Exercise regularly, and you must maintain a healthy and ideal body weight, because obesity is directly related to testosterone levels, which is a reduction in medications that may affect fertility, and not taking medications except under medical supervision. The main hormone responsible for sperm production. A balanced diet improves sperm function and reduces the influence of factors that act on sperm malformation.
- Treatment of causes that can be treated, such as the treatment of varicocele, which may improve the quality and number of sperm and may help infertility.
As for women, the following tips should be followed:
- Regular exercise helps increase the chances of pregnancy and childbearing and enhances fertility.
- Maintain an ideal weight, as severe weight loss or excess weight may negatively affect hormone production and lead to infertility.
- Stay away from smoking because tobacco has many negative effects on fertility, in addition to harming the health of the mother and her fetus.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs, as they affect a woman's ability to have children and enjoy a strong healthy pregnancy.
- Avoid taking medications and drugs that may affect reproduction and fertility.
Infertility treatment in Turkey
There are many ways to treat infertility in Turkey that can help the couple and give them a chance to have children, including:
- Increase the number of sexual intercourse: During the period of ovulation in particular, it is preferable to have intercourse more than once during one day.
- Regulating ovulation by taking medications: such as clomiphene, or injections of gonadotropin hormones, which are obtained today by genetic engineering technique.
- IVF, is one of the methods of assisted reproductive therapy. It is fertilized by combining sperm taken from the father and the egg from the mother in a suitable environment. After the formation of the embryo leaves in the uterus the pregnancy is successful.
- IVF is a method through which a number of healthy sperm are injected into the entrance to the cervix or into the wife's uterus, and then continue their way towards the fallopian tube.
- Transfusion of gametes within the fallopian tubes: It is a procedure similar to artificial fertilization, but instead of fertilizing eggs in vitro, eggs and sperm are placed in the fallopian tube, and then fertilization takes place in the body.
- Surgery to solve problems that hinder the production and completion of maturation or ejaculation of sperm, in order to treat any swelling in the veins of the scrotum, and this helps in improving sperm efficiency.
Infertility treatment cost in Turkey
Turkey has a very high level of extensive experience with its doctors, the infrastructure of its hospitals, and the medical services it provides. In addition, their prices are very low in the treatment of infertility compared to other countries. We will learn about the cost of some treatments:
In conclusion, Turkey is one of the developed countries in the field of infertility treatment. It offers several advanced laboratories and hospitals such as Medici Center, which is the best infertility treatment center in Istanbul and is characterized by the presence of a medical staff that includes the most skilled obstetricians and gynecologists, the most famous of whom is Prof. Dr. Sona Özdemir. For more information, related to infertility in Turkey and increasing the chances of conceiving in the couple, you can contact Medici Center to provide free and immediate counseling.