Otoplasty in Turkey is one of the most cosmetic surgeries that people opt for due to dissatisfaction with the appearance of their ears and their inconsistency with the shape of the head and the rest of the facial features, or the asymmetry and equalization of their ears. In the following article, we will learn in detail about ear surgery turkey, its methods, otoplasty turkey price, and other important information.
Table of Contents
- What is otoplasty in Turkey?
- Questions to ask before having otoplasty in Turkey
- Possible Candidates for otoplasty in turkey
- Recovery from otoplasty in Turkey, and the expected recovery period
- Possible risks and complications of ear surgery turkey
- Results before and after otoplasty in Turkey
- What are the types of otoplasty in Turkey?
- Choosing the right surgeon to do otoplasty in Turkey
- What is the otoplasty turkey price?
What is otoplasty in Turkey?
Otoplasty in turkey is one of the operations concerned with modifying the shape of the outer ear. The main objective of these operations is to improve the shape and appearance of the ear, which leads to increasing the person's self-confidence. The methods used in otoplasty in Turkey include reshaping the cartilage of the ear, repositioning the ear closer to the head, and reducing the size of large ears. The surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia and takes about 1-2 hours to complete. Patients can usually return to their normal activities within a week after the procedure. It is better to wait until after puberty to do this operation so that the ear flap takes its final shape, and therefore the person does not have to perform otoplasty in Turkey again. And sometimes people may need to do this cosmetic operation as a result of an accident or an injury to the ear that led to its deformation.
The otoplasty in Turkey is the best and the most widespread because the surgery of the ear without surgery has not yet reached the level and goals required of it, especially in cases of the prominent ear, and this work was limited to hiding defects with accessories and others only.
Questions to ask before having otoplasty in Turkey
Before performing the otoplasty in Turkey, there will be a consulting session that the specialist doctor will hold with you. During this session, you should not hesitate to ask any of the inquiries and questions that concern you about the operation. Among these questions to be asked to the doctor are the following:
- Is my condition suitable for otoplasty in Turkey?
- How long is the required recovery period after otoplasty in Turkey, and should I stay during that time in the hospital or at home?
- At what time can I remove the bandages after otoplasty?
- What are the potential complications and risks of otoplasty, and how can I avoid them?
- Is the hospital well prepared to deal with emergencies that may occur during otoplasty in Turkey?
- What are the instructions that I have to abide by after the ear surgery?
- Is it expected that the results of otoplasty will appear immediately after removing the bandages?
- When can I go back to my normal work?
- Can I exercise or should I avoid it after ear surgery, and what is the specific period to stay away from it?
- Should I stop smoking after the surgery, and when can I resume it?
- Are there any specific head positions that I should avoid after the surgery?
- Is there a specific type of pillow that I should use after the surgery?
- If I experience pain, what painkillers can I take, and how many doses are allowed?
Possible Candidates for otoplasty in turkey
Some conditions must be met by those who wish to undergo otoplasty in Turkey, and among these conditions, we mention the following:
For pediatric otoplasty in Turkey:
- For children, it is assumed that the child has reached the age of 5 years or more so that the cartilage of his ear has grown in the correct form.
- The child should be able to express his desires and wishes in a good way and share that with his family.
- It is also preferable for the child not to refuse the operation and to try to convince him of it first.
- That the child can respond and cooperate with the doctor correctly.
- To be in good health, not suffering from any chronic diseases, and not have an active ear infection.
For otoplasty in Turkey for adolescents and adults
- The patient should not be infected with any kind of infection, especially in the ear.
- The patient must be realistic and logical while expecting the results of otoplasty.
- The patient should be in good health and not suffer from any of the chronic diseases that may affect the recovery from otoplasty.
- It is preferable that the patient is not a smoker, or he can avoid smoking before the operation and after a period specified by the doctor.
Recovery from otoplasty in Turkey, and the expected recovery period
- It is very important after otoplasty that the patient does not try to remove the bandages, because it may lead to the failure of the whole operation, and it is possible for the patient to have itching in his ear after the operation, and this is a normal thing that can be overcome by some painkillers.
- Adherence to the doctor’s instructions is one of the most important things that the patient must follow after otoplasty.
- He may be asked to take some drugs to avoid infection.
- In addition, the patient should refrain from smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages during the recovery period.
- Avoid showering until the bandage is removed and keep it dry until then.
- Refrain from swimming or strenuous exercise for at least one month.
- Contact your doctor in case of bleeding or fever.
- Do not wear earrings or glasses during the first three months after surgery.
- This is to ensure that unexpected complications do not occur, as well as to contribute to a speedy recovery from the operation.
Possible risks and complications of ear surgery turkey
Like other surgeries, ear surgery turkey has some potential risks and complications, including the following:
- Wound healing risks.
- The possibility of bleeding.
- Sometimes, wound infections may occur either from the doctor, instruments, or the operating room environment during the procedure, or from patient neglect after the surgery.
- Swelling and some bruising in the ear.
- Exposure to the risks of general anesthesia as well as sensitivity as a result of the components of the anesthetics.
- Possibility of getting thrombosis and clots.
- Ear distortion or asymmetry of the ears happens as a result of the doctor's mistakes and incompetence.
- The patient may lose sensation in the ear area.
- Earache and itching.
Results before and after otoplasty in Turkey
- Otoplasty is one of the operations with mostly satisfactory results and a high success rate.
- Also, its risks or possibilities of failure are minimal, except in cases where the surgeon Lacks experience.
- The results of otoplasty in Turkey are often seen immediately after removing the surgical dressings.
- In the case of ear reduction, it may take longer for the results to become noticeable.
- In some cases, the patient may need a second corrective process to achieve their desired results.
What are the types of otoplasty in Turkey?
- The process of treating prominent or bat ears.
- Ear reduction surgery.
- Ear reconstruction after accidents.
- The process of treating scars and deformities caused by various injuries.
Choosing the right surgeon to do otoplasty in Turkey
- There is no doubt that the most important step before any medical operation is to choose the right doctor who will perform it. Your choice will determine the extent of the success of plastic surgery and your access to the desired results with the least possible risk and side effects.
- You should search for a doctor who has many certifications and experience in the field of cosmetic surgery and carefully consider his qualifications and years of experience.
- Make sure that the doctor is interested in post-surgery follow-up and continuous communication with the patient, as a successful doctor's role does not end when the surgery is completed.
- Make sure that the clinic or center where the doctor will perform the surgery is licensed and follows infection prevention and control guidelines and cares about sterilizing instruments.
- Also, you should not prefer low otoplasty turkey price and choose based on it, because they may be at the expense of the doctor’s skill and experience, and thus may cause you obvious problems or scars that make you have to perform other operations to treat the negative results, and this will make the otoplasty cost turkey very expensive.
- You need to familiarize yourself with the past ear plastic surgeries that the doctor has performed on his patients, including their shapes and results. You can also request to meet with these patients to inquire about their satisfaction with the outcomes and any concerns you may have.
What is the otoplasty turkey price?
The otoplasty cost turkey varies from one doctor to another, as well as from one country to another, and in general, the average cost of otoplasty is expensive, which is the same as the average in the United States of America, while the average price in other countries is more expensive, and otoplasty cost turkey is less expensive and affordable, but the cost of otoplasty in Turkey rises to a large extent in world-famous clinics and medical centers, which are distinguished by their very high level of services and by their highly skilled and experienced doctors such as otoplasty Istanbul, where most of the operations they perform are for celebrities and well-known personalities in society.
The calculated cost of ear plastic surgery often includes the doctor's fee, the price of anesthesia, as well as the cost of the recovery period in the medical center. Some medical centers of otoplasty Istanbul may announce some special offers, which include adding some other procedures to the basic cost, such as medical examinations and tests, or others, to gain more patients.
Being realistic in anticipating the results of otoplasty in Turkey is an important matter, as the patient is logical and studies his options and decisions well, making him more confident in himself and less likely to be traumatized after the surgery.