Where men's breast tissue becomes enlarged, it's called Gynecomastia, so they need gynecomastia surgery in Turkey. This may occur as a result of hormonal fluctuations, hormonal imbalance, or the use of steroids, and this enlargement in size represents a real enlargement of breast tissue.
What is gynecomastia?
Breast enlargement also appears in men who are obese or overweight, as fat is deposited in the chest muscle area and fatty tissue comes over the breast area to highlight the appearance of the enlarged breast. This condition is referred to as pseudo-male breast enlargement, and it can be treated either with gynecomastia surgery in Turkey or without surgery.
Evidence is mounting that the use of certain drugs causes breasts to enlarge in men to become bodybuilders, hormones and suffer from glandular pain in the chest area. This is also one of the reasons why men who have previously undergone breast enlargement correction surgery resort to a corrective operation.
Reasons of gynecomastia turkey
- Except for obesity that causes false gynecomastia, hormonal factors are the main causes of enlarged breasts and true gynecomastia in men. Estrogen stimulates female traits such as breast growth while testosterone primarily controls male traits such as body hair growth.
- Both men and women have both hormones in their bodies, but testosterone is the active hormone in men and estrogen is the active hormone in women, and any imbalance between estrogen and testosterone leads to a disruption in their functional mechanism, for example in males it may lead to increased levels of estrogen compared to testosterone to the phenomenon of gynecomastia.
- There is a range of factors that provoke hormonal disorders in men, and some diseases such as poor diet, genetics, cancer, use of anabolic steroids, and some medications can lead to excessive production of estrogen compared to testosterone, which may stimulate the growth of breasts in men, but you can prevent the gynecomastia by avoiding taking drugs and drinking alcohol.
Gynecomastia turkey's symptoms
The first symptom of gynecomastia in men is swollen breasts, and as mentioned previously, it occurs due to the enlargement of the gland tissue located around the nipple rather than being fatty lumps, where the disease is accompanied by a feeling of burning when you touch the nipples, and in most cases, the patient does not feel pain in his breasts but finds them less stable.
- Depending on the medical and drug history, the doctor can diagnose true gynecomastia. Also, a careful physical examination is necessary to determine the cause of the disease.
- Your doctor may ask you to take blood tests and a mammogram to determine gynecomastia and discover hidden causes.
- In the following steps, additional examinations are usually needed. Including CT scan, MRI, tissue biopsy, and ultrasound of the testicles based on the results of preliminary tests.
- When the above tests are performed, the doctor may diagnose gynecomastia or another disease such as breast cancer or the presence of fatty breast tissue.
What are the types of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey?
In general, there are two different options for gyno surgery turkey to correct male breast enlargement, which your doctor can choose:
- Using liposuction method.
- Surgical excision method.
Let's take a look at this gynecomastia surgery Istanbul, Turkey surgical options and the indications for each:
Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey using liposuction method:
- This technique works when the correction to be made is small and the skin has great elasticity.
- This process is similar to liposuction that is performed in any part of the body, with gynecomastia surgery in Turkey; the surgeon makes a small incision along with the areola and then drains the excess fat using a thin, hollow metal cannula connected to a suction device (liposuction).
- After liposuction is used to remove fatty tissue from the breast structure, the surgeon pulls out glandular tissue inside the breast through this incision.
- Hence the famous name was given to this technology, which is the “pull technology”.
- Finally, the wound is closed very carefully to ensure that no scarring is visible.
- This method is also preferred to treat pseudo-enlargement of the breasts in males.
- The surgeon decides whether or not this method is right for you based on the amount of tissue in the breast area and the physical condition and desired shape of the area.
Surgical removal of male breast tissue (gynecomastia surgery in Turkey):
- This procedure is suitable for men who need to correct enlarged breasts on a larger scale, especially when their skin elasticity is not sufficient.
- In this case, the surgeon resorts to a more invasive breast reduction procedure, and the gynecomastia surgery in Turkey general anesthesia type is usually performed and it doesn't take a long period of time.
- The main goal of surgery is to restore the normal shape of a man's breasts by removing excess tissue and skin.
- The structure of the chest consists of a mixture of glandular tissue, adipose tissue, fibrous tissue, muscle, and skin. The bone structure and consistency of the chest area affect the overall appearance of a man.
- So; it takes a well-skilled professional doctor to properly visualize the end result, and to make these changes in a professional manner.
- To get the best results, in a gynecomastia surgery in Turkey surgeon must make a decision about the type of incision to be made.
- In this method, the surgeon makes an incision in the lower half of the breast along the circumference of the areola.
- Then the surgeon removes the tissue around the breast area so that the chest area looks like the desired look.
- In the case of hypertrophic male breast enlargement, surgical removal of the excess of breast tissue and skin with nipple transfer is recommended, although this rarely occurs.
The best choices for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey
Turkey gyno surgery is recommended for:
- A man who is bothered by the size of his breasts and causes him to feel tight and uncomfortable.
- A man for whom alternative treatment (diet and exercise) has not worked.
- A man who is not significantly overweight.
- Good skin elasticity.
- A man who is in good health and whose blood pressure is stable is a suitable choice for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey.
- Preferably a non-smoker man
How much is the of price gynecomastia surgery Istanbul, Turkey?
- The cost of male breast enlargement correction surgery is determined according to the following:
- The technique: The used technique also affects the cost, like the use of liposuction method or surgical method.
- Clinic/Hospital: The cost also depends on the quality of the facility chosen for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey.
- Surgery to correct male breast enlargement is usually classified as cosmetic surgery and may not be covered by insurance. Please refer to the insurance company to verify your eligibility for insurance in this case.
- For an accurate cost assessment, you may need to have an initial consultation with the surgeon who will perform your operation.
Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey risks and complications
- As with any other surgery, the anesthesia and the gynecomastia surgery in Turkey itself may have some risks. Although the potential for risks is low, some potential risks may occur due to:
- Anesthesia may cause an allergy, a chest infection, or a blood clot.
- Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey may result in scarring, bleeding, infection, sensitivity, complete or partial loss of sensation, or rupture of the implant.
- It is important that you choose a clinic and a surgeon who is good at dealing with the risks and complications.
The recovery period of Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey
- Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey is well known. This surgery takes in the hospital about a couple of hours or more extra hours.
- In most cases, patients can back to their normal activities after two weeks, and usually only need 3-4 days off work when the gynecomastia surgery in Turkey is performed just before the weekend begins.
- You can start practicing basic exercises such as walking, using the electric treadmill and stationary bike for one week after the operation or it is not allowed to lift heavy weights or engage in violent physical activity without obtaining the surgeon’s permission, and this ban may last for two to three months.
Bottom line, gynecomastia surgery in turkey is a must if you are having any of those conditions mentioned in this article. You must choose a good doctor to perform gyno surgery turkey and also a good hospital or clinic.