Many people suffer from the problem of short stature. Tall surgery has become one of the most common orthopedic surgeries.
Table of Contents
- What determines human height?
- Lengthening surgery in Turkey
- Techniques of the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey
- Stages of the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey
- Factors affecting Lengthening surgery Cost in Turkey
- Why Turkey is your ideal destination for a lengthening procedure?
What determines human height?
There are several factors that play a major role in determining human height, which include the following:
- Having some health problems.
Lengthening surgery in Turkey
It is a delicate surgical procedure aimed at increasing the length of the body. as it has made a therapeutic revolution that has achieved the dreams of many people who suffer from short stature.
The principle of the operation is to perform a surgical fracture in the leg bone "or the bone to be lengthened" .and then the lengthening device is installed on both ends of the broken bone. so that the two ends of the fracture are spaced one mm per day. and healing occurs gradually through self-remodeling of the bone.
The most important candidates for a lengthening surgery in Turkey
There are a number of people who are candidates for the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey, including:
- People who suffer from inequality in the lower extremities that hinder movement.
- Those suffering from congenital short stature.
- Those who have had accidents and fractures that prevented normal bone growth.
- People with significantly short stature compared to their normal average age.
Advantages of the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey
- Helps the patient to practice daily activities normally.
- Protects the patient from the risks caused by the condition of uneven limbs such as bone wear or spinal curvatures.
- Helps treat severe curvatures in children.
- Positively affect the patient's shape and self-confidence.
Disadvantages of the process of lengthening
The patient experiences normal pain in the few days after the operation and up to about a week.
- The patient is exposed to the risk of bleeding as it is a surgical operation.
- It is possible to increase the likelihood of infection and inflammation of the body.
- Bone cracks and fractures are more likely to occur on collisions, and bone growth abnormalities may occur in some cases, or damage to the nerve tissue and blood vessels surrounding the bones.
Techniques of the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey
It is an external fixator that stabilizes the bones by thin wires and external fixation devices. This technique can treat bone deformities, complex fractures and lengthening bones.
It is a one-sided shaft where external fixations are attached to the patient's bones by fixing screws. This technique reduces the likelihood of infections as it is lightweight and does not leave any surgical effects after the completion of treatment.
Reliable and most common technology in the world. The outer part of it is similar to the Holifix device. which is responsible for lengthening the bone, while the inner part is responsible for fixation. In this technique. the patient can walk after the operation using a crutch.
A presis bolt is made of titanium material and is powered by electromagnetic motors. The device is installed by inserting a peresis nail surgically into the patient's bone cavity through small incisions in the legs. where the bone is surgically separated and the persais screws are integrated, and when the screws take their position. the updated incisions are sutured.
It is the latest and most modern bone lengthening technique. This technology provides a safe and comfortable experience for the patient and is made of stainless steel material. so it is able to fully bear the patient's weight and the patient can walk using crutches after the operation.
Stages of the process of lengthening surgery in Turkey
The stages of the lengthening procedure in Turkey are divided into the following:
Stage I: Surgery
The required length is determined using computed tomography to obtain accurate measurements before the operation.
This stage is one of the most important stages of the bone lengthening process. in which the space is created in the bones in order to place the stabilizer. the medical team also works after surgery to train the person on how to move in order to adapt to the device used.
Stage Two: Latency
This designation came about as a result of the fact. that it is necessary to wait several days for the formation of new calcareous cells at the break. and thus increase the vacuum distance.
The percentage of vacuum increase depends on the degree of endurance of the bones and adjacent tissues. as it is one millimeter per day distributed in 4 stages in the form of a quarter of a millimeter for each stage per day.
Stage Three: Prolongation
The bones begin to lengthen naturally in partnership with physical therapy, by training in multiple stages on weekdays. and it is normal for a person to feel pain and difficulty moving after the operation. but it is very important to train and rehabilitate to ensure positive results.
Fourth Stage: Integration
The fixator remains in place until the bone recovers completely at the cut site. And this period lasts for a month in children or a month and a half in adults. if the bone lengthens one cm during the treatment period.
Factors affecting Lengthening surgery Cost in Turkey
Turkey is the right country for this type of operation because of the skill of the medical staff and institutions in it. In addition to low costs compared to high quality, and accuracy of work. There are several factors that affect Lengthening surgery Cost in Turkey, namely:
- Medical history and health status of the patient.
- Procedures required before carrying out the operation.
- The technique used in the process.
- Doctor's experience.
Why Turkey is your ideal destination for a lengthening procedure?
Turkey is famous for the field of medical tourism and is one of the leading countries in orthopedics in particular. as it includes many hospitals and medical centers equipped with the latest technology and surgical equipment. and includes experienced and highly qualified doctors and surgeons. What also distinguishes Turkey is the low prices compared to Arab and foreign countries.