Medical tourism - why is it becoming popular in Turkey?
Medical tourism is when a person chooses to travel outside his country, in search of good medical care and services at reasonable prices. Medical tourism is one of the world's fastest-growing industries. In 2016, it was valued at the US $ 100 billion and is expected to experience annual growth of 25 percent by 2025. In an era of high medical costs, healthcare provides patients with a lot of money and provides them with the care they most need.
Why is it so popular in Turkey?
For ages, Turkey has been world-famous for its rich origins, dynamic culture, and hospitality, making it a must-visit destination for many international travelers. Recently, however, the country's tourism sector has been advancing on a new path.
Medical tourism is officially a promising sector for Turkey, and it is expected to reach $ 9 billion by 2020
Now the question arises, why Turkey for health tourism when you have options like the United States and many others. The following are some of the main factors that complement the strong expansion of medical tourism in Turkey:
1. Affordable costs: Turkey is one of the most affordable countries as it provides a low cost of treatment when compared to first world countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. It's generally about a tenth of the costs in the United States and other medical destinations like Thailand.
2. Direct Access: Prompt attention to health concerns is one of the big reasons why people in other countries choose Turkey as their health partner. The surgeries are performed almost instantly and without any waiting lines.
3. Convenience and convenience: Since everything comes under one roof through medical tourism, you don't have to worry about transportation, accommodation, medical facilities, etc. individually. And obtaining visas for medical purposes is much easier than ever.
4. World-class Doctors: Turkey has a strong base of qualified and skilled doctors who have spent a significant time in their studies and/or practice abroad and are in sync with the latest technologies and procedures to be able to provide the best possible healthcare. Each surgeon deals with international patients with knowledge, skill, and professional training. Therefore, patients are attracted to medical tourism in Turkey by the skilled and widely acclaimed doctor located in the subcontinent.
5. Recovery after health: In Turkey, we provide the patient with many recovery cases to complete the entire treatment process in terms of physiotherapy, physical therapy, and stimulation therapy. Such natural remedies that secure holistic healing by eliminating unhealthy imbalances are increasingly being accepted globally.
6. Lack of a language barrier: language is no longer a barrier in Turkey. We have a large number of English-speaking doctors, guides, and medical staff which makes it easy for foreign tourists to communicate well with Turkish doctors. In addition to providing patients with a private interpreter accompanying them during the entire treatment period.
In conclusion, Turkey is one of the main contributors in terms of technology, distinctive health care, services and multiple facilities and comfort with the western country in improving medical tourism, building confidence in Turkish doctors and being one of the most open economic countries and one of the cheapest medical facilities with tons and tons of Tourist destinations make Turkey efficient and one of the best medical tourism destinations.