Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey is a procedure in which surgeons remove part of the stomach and join the remaining parts together to make the stomach smaller.
What is sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey surgery?
In a new, tube-like size, the surgeon will remove the part of the stomach that secretes an appetite-promoting hormone. The patients' stomach will become like a sack, small (about 1/10 the size of your original stomach) it will leave them feeling full and full more quickly than before, helping them lose weight.
Benefits of sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey surgery:
Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey is done to help the patient lose excess weight and reduce weight-related health problems such as:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Heart disease
- High fat
- Sleep Apnea
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Who are the candidates for the sleeve gastrectomy?
Sleeve gastrectomy can be done if:
- Body mass index (BMI) is 40 or higher (obese).
- BMI of 35 to 39.5 but has problems with excess weight.
Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey results:
People generally lose about 60% of their additional weight in 12 to 18 months, so if the patient weighs more than 45 kilograms more than their actual weight, normally, they will lose approximately 27- 35 kg, but others may lose less weight, so exercising and eating right are important factors to losing more weight.
How to perform sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey operation?
Doctors rely on two different methods to perform sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey in Medicsey, but bearing in mind that both are performed while the patient is under general anesthesia.
Large incision surgery: In this procedure, the surgeon needs to make a large incision, to be able to remove the skin and tissue to reach the stomach.
Laparoscopic surgery: Doctors prefer this type of surgery more than general surgery, for several reasons, including:
- It does not require a large surgical incision in the stomach, and the surgeon makes about 3 incisions, each of which does not exceed 2 cm. Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy takes only 45-60 minutes, it is one of the fastest and easiest obesity surgeries.
- The ability to return to normal life in just 5 days after sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey.
- Doctors unanimously agreed that the outcome of the final cosmetic form of laparoscopic surgery is much better than general surgery.
- Sleeve gastrectomy cost in turkey varies according to the skilled doctor and according to the hospital.
When is sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey necessary?
- The specialist doctor recommends a sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey to get rid of obesity.
- It is the result of dividing the weight in kilograms by the square of the height in meters. The sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey becomes a must in the following cases:
- Having a body mass index of 40 kg/m2 or more, which means that obesity is excessive and may pose a threat to the patient's life.
- That the body mass index ranges between 35-39, in addition to chronic diseases such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
The preparations before the sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey:
The doctor directs the patient to the instructions that must be followed in order to ensure the smooth passage of the operation, the most important of which are:
- Provide the doctor with a complete medical history, and tell him the fact that he has any chronic diseases.
- The patient must tell the doctor about all the medications he takes, including vitamins and nutritional supplements.
- Regular exercise to try to prepare the body to lose weight.
- Refrain from taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and anti-inflammatories before surgery.
- Completely abstain from smoking about two weeks before the procedure.
- If the patient suffers from diabetes, he must consult his doctor about any change in his insulin doses.
- The doctor may need some medical tests and analyzes, such as a complete blood picture, in order to determine the extent of the patient's ability to tolerate the operation.
The most important instructions after the gastric sleeve operation
The doctor advises the patient to follow some instructions and necessary lifestyle changes in order to ensure the success of the sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey operation, including:
- Exercising and walking regularly to help the body burn fat stores
- Take vitamin supplements
- Eat small amounts of healthy food
- Reducing fiber intake
- Be sure to eat foods rich in vitamins “D” and “C”, calcium and iron
- After the sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey operation, about a year or a year and a half, the patient loses about 60% of his extra weight and some people reach the ideal weight during this period.
How does sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey help reduce weight?
Sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey “cutting and separating the stomach longitudinally” makes the new stomach small in size, so you can no longer eat large meals. In addition, ghrelin, one of the hormones responsible for the feeling of hunger, decreases a lot after the operation - in many patients - so the feeling of hunger decreases for several months.
The sleeve gastrectomy cost in Turkey surgery
The sleeve gastrectomy cost in turkey varies according to the patient's condition, the method or technique used in the operation, the level of the clinic or center where the operation is performed, and the experience of the treating doctor. The cost of performing the operation in private clinics and medical centers in Turkey may be expensive, while the price raises a lot in major hospitals to be very expensive, and the cost increases or decreases depending on the condition of the patient.
Having a perfect body and a harmonious body is the goal that each of us strives for, whether men or women, and that is why the percentage of people who sleeve gastrectomy in Turkey in various clinics and centers is constantly increasing.