The retina transmits the image of the outside world through the optic nerve to the brain, in this article we will talk about retina in Istanbul and its diseases.
Detachment of the retina in Istanbul operation
Retina in Istanbul injury with the so-called Retinal Detachment disease threatens the function of the eye and it threatens to lose sight if treatment is neglected for a long time and not treated. Retinal Detachment means the surgical operation that is performed as an effective and quick treatment for retinal detachment disease caused by its rupture or from the lack of vitreous fluid that fills the posterior center of the eye.
Types and causes of the detachment of retina in Istanbul
Retinal detachment is not limited to a specific cause. Each type of this disease has a cause that led to it, and the causes are mechanical, i.e. bruising or eye injuries and the like, including scientific, health, or genetics, and in this paragraph, here are the types and causes of the detachment of the retina in Istanbul:
- Rhegmatogenous retinal perforation: It is the most common type of Istanbul retina where it occurs due to inflammation of the retina caused by a hole or tear in it, and this allows fluid to pass and collect under the retina, and this assembly pulls the retina away from the back of the eye, so the retina separates from the blood supply and reduces vision, leading to blindness, and one of the common factors also, this nug is progress in age and aging, as there is inside the eye a body called the vitreous body and it fills the hollow of the eye and with the passage of time this body loses its flexibility and stretches and pushes the retina causing a tear in it.
- Tractional retinal detachment: The reason for its occurrence is that tissue grows on the surface of the retina, causing it to shift away from its position, and functional detachment occurs. This type is common in diabetics because diabetes may damage the blood vessels in the back of the eye, and this will be followed by a retinal detachment.
- Exudative retinal degeneration: In this type of retina in Istanbul, there is no tear or hole in the retina, but rather fluid accumulates under the retina, which leads to its displacement from its place and then its separation. The most common causes of this type are macular degeneration that occurs with age and swelling due to injury and inflammatory disorders.
- Other factors: Retinal detachment may occur due to a previous operation or surgery, such as cataract removal, and its risk increases in the event of a previous family case, and some other eye diseases such as myopia, iritis, and thinning of the peripheral retina lead to retinal detachment.
Step by step retina in Istanbul detachment process
The method used in the retina in Istanbul procedure varies according to the damage to the retina and the size of its rupture, and the method of anesthesia varies according to the patient. It is possible to complete the operation under local anesthesia or resort to general anesthesia, especially in children or highly stressed patients, and in any case, the attending physician will restore the normal position of the retina, whether using laser surgery, cooling, gas injection, vitreous liquid, or even resorting to sutures through interlacing the sclera to prevent its separation for the second time.
How the Diabetic retinopathy gets treated in Turkey, Istanbul?
Both a diabetologist and an ophthalmologist should be involved in treatment. A diabetes doctor can help to better control your blood sugar. It can treat other complications of diabetes that may worsen diabetic retinopathy. An ophthalmologist can also treat diabetic retinopathy with a laser or with a surgical procedure called a vitrectomy. This is to prevent further vascular changes and preserve vision. Usually the best time for treatment is before problems start.
The diabetic retina in Istanbul causes
- High blood sugar in diabetics and damages the walls of the small blood vessels in the eye, which leads to a change in its structure and function.
- These vessels may thicken, form clots, close or form balloon-like defects called microaneurysms.
- Often fluid builds up in the part of the retina used for tasks such as reading; this condition is called macular edema. In advanced cases, the retina is deprived of any blood supply and growing new vessels. But it is defective - what is called vasodilatation or "neovascularization".
- These vessels are fragile which can cause bleeding that causes impaired vision, scar tissue, and detachment of the retina from the back of the eye (as known as retinal detachment).
- The new vessels can also block the flow of fluid into the eye, leading to glaucoma.
Diabetic retinopathy diagnosis and checking
It's important for anyone with diabetes to check his eyes annually from an ophthalmologist so that diabetic retinopathy can be discovered early. When the patient sees an ophthalmologist, will be asked about the medical and vision history and asked to read an eye chart. After that, the doctor will examine the retina straightaway using a device called an ophthalmoscope.
What is the diabetic retina in Istanbul treatments?
- The doctor may give drops to dilate the pupil to get a better look at the inside of the eye.
- Then he views the retina through lenses and a special light called a slit lamp.
- The retina is then imaged while the dye determines the position of the blood vessels.
In conclusion, the vision after the retina in Istanbul operation becomes much better than it was before. The surgical procedure is an emergency step that helps the patient get rid of the blurry vision and protects him from losing sight.